In honor of the big day, we brainstormed some of our blessings, both big and small.
We are thankful for…
- Literacy Specialist students who study, inquire, learn, collaborate, and teach so schools can be places of learning and justice
- Literacy Specialist instructors and staff, who always go the extra mile for students!
- friends and family, who make sure we don’t forget to laugh!
- learning new ways to look at books and and make meaning in life
- watching good teachers become amazing, confident teachers
- school professionals, who teach all of us through their daily commitment to children’s literacies and lives
- children and their stories–all of them!
- those moments when a student (no matter the age!) says, “Oh, I get it now!”
- children’s literature – so many choices!
- my mother’s pecan pie recipe
- getting to sleep late
- the smell of Christmas trees for sale on the streets of NYC
- black and white cookies from Nussbaum & Wu
- the view of Low Plaza when standing at the top of the steps
- Bethesda Fountain in Central Park
- the trees glowing with lights at night on Columbia College walk
- arriving just as the train or bus is about to leave
- tea from Orens Daily Roast on Broadway
- the pretty way the cityscape meets the sky as I look north at 120th St straight up Amsterdam towards Harlem
- wonderful, thoughtful, dedicated students
- and so much more…please add your thoughts!
And have a special Thanksgiving weekend, filled with gratitude and happiness!