Hi, everyone, and good to see many of you at program orientation yesterday!
Here are some registration reminders as we begin our classes:
- If you are a full-time student, you should be registered for six courses and probably 14-16 credits. The only exception is if you took more than the institutes this summer or plan to finish next fall.
- Check your credit points. Remember online registration automatically enrolls you for the minimum course credits offered, so you often have to adjust credit hours. C&T 4200 Fieldwork MUST be taken for 3 credits and C&T 4502 must be taken for 1 credit. HBSK 4072 is only offered for 3 credits. Most program courses are offered for 2 or 3 to give you flexibility. C&T 5037 and C&T 4140 are good options for 2 credits. You want to look ahead and make sure your total will not exceed 32.
- Regarding non-program selectives: You can choose from any other department as well as non-program courses in C&T. There are many options and it can be overwhelming to choose, so looking in C&T may be a good place to start. It’s always a good idea to check in with an advisor about your out of program selections. If possible, take your out of program selectives for 2 credits each to allow more credits in your program courses. If this is not an option, you can adjust accordingly in other classes. You cannot take one credit out of program electives
- If you took two institutes this summer for 3 credits each, that’s fine. Just adjust other course credits to be sure you will not exceed 32.
- Last Day to Drop/Add is Tuesday, September 16
- Last Day to Change Credits is Tuesday, September 30
Have a great first day of classes! 🙂